Dec 4 2014
Social Justice Days 2015: 10 Year Anniversary
Callout for Proposals
QPIRG-McGill is looking for workshop, discussions, panels and film screening proposals for Social Justice Days 2015!!
Deadline for proposals: January 7th, 2015
Social Justice Days will be happening from February 12 -14th, 2015! Intended to stimulate an alternative political culture in the McGill University community and beyond, Social Justice Days is about to mark its tenth year with a weekend of workshops, discussions, film screenings, and speakers discussing local and global issues.
Social Justice Days testifies to the diversity of critical political engagement on McGill campus, and offers students concrete opportunities to get active in their global community. Social Justice Days is co-organized by the Quebec Public Interest Research Group (QPIRG) at McGill and the Students’ Society of McGill University (SSMU).
This is an open callout to individuals, working groups, campus groups and community groups to propose the workshops, art exhibitions, discussions, films screening and panels for Social Justice Days 2015, celebrating our 10-Year Anniversary!
This year, we are thinking about things like:
- Prison abolitionism
- Police brutality & state violence
- Criminalization & Sex Work
- Organizing accessible events
- Radical childcare
And all forms of resistance! We’d love your proposals on fighting against gentrification, for migrant justice, towards environmental justice, as labour organizers and anti-capitalists, and for dignity and justice!
Some example of past workshops, films screening, etc:
- Where the f*k am I?!: Black Student organizing at McGill
- The Permanence of Temporary Work: the Immigrant Worker’s Centre
- Struggles Against Capitalist Colonialism: How Indigenous Feminisms Will Save the Earth and Destroy the State
- Righting the Wrongs: Sex Workers Organize for Self Determination
If you or your group are interested in submitting a proposal we ask that you send us the following information:
- The title of your workshop, film screening, etc.
- A description workshop, film screening, etc., including length of presentation
- A short (2-3 sentences) biography of the individuals or group presenting the workshop, film screening, etc.
- Times that you are NOT available to run the workshop (workshops will take place during the day February 12th and 13; other kinds of proposals could take place in the evenings of these dates)
We will be giving out stipends for all the workshops, films screening, discussions or panels that are selected.
Deadline: January 7th, 2015
Feel free to contact us for more information! Please note that we are closed between December 15th and January 5th.