Aug 26 2014
QPIRG-McGill is Hiring: Work Study Librarian QPIRG McGill Embauche: Coordinateur/trice de Bibliotheque
QPIRG-McGill is Hiring an Alternative Resource Centre Coordinator
Application Deadline: September 7th at midnight
Click here for a PDF of the Application: Resource Center Coord 2014
Please note: the position is made possible through McGill’s work-study program, and as such all applicants must be eligible for work-study.
For more information about the posting and the qualification, please visit http://www.is.mcgill.ca/studentaid/workstudy/postings/WS14623.htm. For any additional information about wages and hours, please contact us at 514-398-7432, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To coordinate the overall activities of the QPIRG-McGill resource Centre
- To assist volunteers, students and the general public in accessing the library’s resources (books, magazines, movies, CDs, etc)
- Manage and update the subscriptions
- Keep track of borrowed items and update and maintain the library database
- Order books, videos, zines, etc
- Liaise with the other QPIRG staff as necessary
- Liaise with other alternative libraries on campus and off campus to update the online, searchable database of resources
- Manage the resource centre budget
- Advertise the resource centre to McGill students through outreach, events, online presence, etc
- Coordinate volunteers at the Resource Centre as needed
- Develop policies and material to make the library more accessible to persons with dis/abilities
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous library experience is an asset
- Knowledge and analysis of social justice issues and literature
- Good research and data management skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Knowledge and experience with cataloguing books and organizing material is an asset
- Knowledge of QPIRG-McGill and its working groups
- Understanding of anti-oppression framework in the workplace
QPIRG McGill recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions that individuals from marginalized and oppressed communities bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to QPIRG McGill in their cover letter or resume. Please indicate clearly in your cover letter if you would like to be considered for Employment Equity.
In order to encourage a diverse range of applicants, QPIRG-McGill is committed to providing training for this position. We encourage anyone with many of the qualifications, even if this does not include all, to still apply.
We regret that the QPIRG-McGill office is not currently wheelchair-accessible.
Application Deadline: rolling
To apply, send CV and cover letter to:
By mail or in person: QPIRG-McGill
3647 University, 3rd Floor
Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2B3
By e-mail: email@example.com (Please indicate “QPIRG-McGill Hiring Committee” in the subject line of the e-mail)