The Aboriginal Sustainability Project invites all to attend and donate funds for the Red Cross relief effort for Attawapiskat. This event is taking place on Monday December 5th from 6-9pm in the SSMU Ballroom.
More details from the Aboriginal Sustainability Project’s facebook event page:
Raising awareness of the housing issues that First Nations communities face, and to provide supplies for a community in need.The event is dedicated to Aboriginal people who share their stories, through song, music, poetry and storytelling
We have four wonderful performers:
• DJ Mad Eskimo, http://www.myspace.com/madeskimo
• Joey Shaw, http://www.myspace.com/hiphopisastateofmind
• Demiel Pepin, http://www.myspace.com/demielpepinmusic
• Cod Sent Flute, http://www.purevolume.com/codsentflute
Sharing their stories :
• Michael Loft, Mohawk, McGill Professor
• Trudy Blumstein, Advisor of Indigenous Access McGill
• Elma Moses, Cree, McGill PhD Candidate
• Mary Shem, Cree, McGill Student
• Natasha Latter, Cree from Montreal Lake Cree Nation
MORE TO COME!!
Donate What You Can, Suggested Donation $5.00
100% of the proceeds will go to the Red Cross.
There are ways that you can help if you are unable to attend the concert. Until Friday, December 9th, the First Peoples’ House and SEDE will be accepting monetary donations.
Please feel free to collect donations from friends, family, and work colleagues.
The First Peoples’ House is located at 3505 rue Peel, and SEDE at 3610 Mctavish, Suite 12,
Office Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm.