Projet Autochtone du Quebec
A non‐profit organization for the Social and Professional Development of First Nations, Metis
and Inuit residing in Quebec.
We provide temporary shelter for the homeless and people at risk.
The beds we offer are used by members of the Aboriginal, Metis and Inuit Community in crisis
situations. We offer 30 beds for men and 9 beds for woman and provide 13 more emergency
beds. We are open from: 7pm – 7am, 7 days a week. It is challenging to make ends meet and
we are always working on fund‐raising and depend on donations to carry on our services.
We host activities and events.
Our monthly schedule of workshops and events to include: Music & Art, Traditional food &
cooking workshops, game nights, Bingo’s, the YMCA, sessions with Elders and healers.
Budgeting, housing search, anger management, self‐esteem workshops. C.A, A.A,
N.A meetings. We provide telephone services for clients going to temp work agencies, do
dentist appointments; computer and internet se
We need volunteers.
• To help in cooking, maintenance, serving food, and facilitate other workshops.
• To help facilitate cultural workshops: beading, songs, teachings from the First Nations,
Metis or Inuit. Workshops take place in the early evenings anytime from 4pm – 10pm.
We need donations.
• toiletries :shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, Q‐tips, soap, warm blankets,
towels, socks, bath mats.
• Underwear: men(s,m,l) women(s,m,l), socks (s,m,l), clothing,
• arts and craft materials:soapstone, leather, beads, sinew any kind of materials for native
crafts, fabric, sewing machine, crochet needles, knitting yarn.
• Food donations of any kind: also traditional meats: Caribou, Deer, Moose, Arctic Char,
Want to do your Stage with us?
We are very interested in students who would like to do their Stage at P.A.Q. Please contact
Robert Aitken for more info. All other information please contact:
Jennifer Russell or Claudine Corbeille,
Projet Autochtone du quebec (PAQ)
90, rue De La Gauchetière,
Tél.: (514) 879‐3310